MEET THE TEAM
The power behind the Teddy Bear Foundation. We honour and thank them for their tireless work and contribution towards the dream of Abuse No More.
- Qualifications: Masters in Mental Health, Dip. In Marriage Guidance and counselling, Forensic Assessment of child victims of abuse, and has completed her doctoral thesis on young sex offenders
- Position: Director on TTBC Board, Clinical Director
- Experience: Over 30 Years
- Other: Shaheda worked at the Johannesburg Institute for Social Services, Pedimed Clinic in Pretoria, Parktown School for Girls, Centre for HIV and AIDS Counselling at Medical Research Institute, Johannesburg Association for the Aged and Childline Gauteng. She has been working at The Teddy Bear Clinic for Abused Children since 2001 and is the Director of Clinical Services at the clinic.
- Qualifications: BSc; Environmental Science (University of Kwa-Zulu Natal) 2011; PGDip; General Management Gordon Institute of Business Sciences – University of Pretoria 2016; MBA General Management Gordon Institute of Business Sciences – University of Pretoria 2017
- Position: Director
- Other: Rachel completed her BSc at the University of Kwa-Zulu Natal in 2009, her PGDip at the University of Pretoria’s Gordon Institute of Business Science (“GIBS”) in 2016, and more recently her MBA at GIBS. She has assumed several director roles in the financial services and property development sectors owing to her recent appointment as a Non-Executive Director at Prescient Securities. Rachel believes in leading a balanced life. She enjoys travel, networking, the exploration of various cultures and promoting the empowerment of women and children across the continent.
- Qualifications: BProc, an LLB and a BA (Hons) (University of the Witwatersrand)
- Position: Chairperson of the Board
- Other: A partner at Routledge Modise, where she heads the firm’s pro bono legal services. She specialises in personal injury litigation, including motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, public liability and claims against the state. Candice is a member of the South African Clinical and Neuropsychological Association (SACNA).
- Qualifications: MBChB(Medunsa), MAP(Wits),AHLF(Pompue Fabra)
- Position: Member on TTBC Board
- Other: Public Affairs & Sustainable development director, Member of Executive Committee and Member of Social and Ethics Committee, Discovery Limited. A qualified medical doctor, Dr Penny Tlhabi has extensive experience at executive level within the private and public healthcare sectors
- Qualifications: BCom Honours (Investments) (RAU)
- Position: Member on TTBC Board
- Other: Partner at African Alliance. He is currently a director of the Botswana Stock Exchange. As a senior executive of the African Alliance group Patrick has a strong network of relationships with senior executives of a large number of institutional investors. He is the CEO of African Alliance Securities and is responsible for oversight of all securities business across the Group. Patrick has previously worked at Investec Bank as an investment consultant, ABN Amro Securities as an Investment Analyst and as an assistant portfolio manager at Melville Douglas Investment Management. Patrick completed a BCom Honours (Investments) from RAU in South Africa.
- Qualifications: PR and Communications Diploma (Damelin College), BA (Hons) Economics & Political Science and MSc in Economics (University of Manchester), Archbishop Desmond Tutu Leadership Programme and Archbishop Tutu African Oxford Fellow (University of Oxford)
- Other: Peggy-Sue has 10 years banking experience with Investec Group. She joined Investec Bank UK, the Investec Asset Management division in 2004 as an Analyst. In November 2006 Peggy-Sue returned to South Africa and joined Investec Corporate and Institutional Banking as an Investment Consultant within the Corporate Business Development division. Peggy-Sue is also an Exco member and now heads up Public Sector Financing. She founded her own mentorship programme aimed at girls from rural communities. In May 2011 she was selected as an Honorary member of the Wits International Golden Key Society. Most notably, in May 2015 she was appointed as a Board Trustee at the Liliesleaf Trust, which is a tremendous honour given the history of the Riviona Trialists. She also works with a number of charities, including Starfish Foundation, and Seeds of Africa.
- Qualifications: MA ( Research Psychology)
- Position: Director on TTBC Board, Operations Director
- Experience: 7 Years
- Sheri Errington is the Director of Operations at The Teddy Bear Clinic for Abused Children, where she has worked for 7 years. She has an MA in Research psychology and is registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa. Sheri specialises in Monitoring and Evaluation, but has lead the development of The Teddy Bear Clinic’s increased focus on research and the establishment of sound Monitoring and Evaluation systems. Sheri has presented research on The Teddy Bear Clinic’s service-level impact at both local and international conferences. Her interests are in the field of child abuse, child sexual offending, youth at risk, child development, trauma and exercise.
- Qualifications: BA (Hons) Philosophy of Religion, Dipl. Child & Youth Care, Candidate MSc Neuro-Development
- Position: Director on TTBC Board, Director of the JHB Parent Child Counselling Centre
- Luke is the monitoring and evaluation manager for Johannesburg parent Child Counseling Centre. He is also the Chief Operational Officer, trainer and supervisor of the Art Therapy Centre. He is a long standing advocate for Child protection and as such is a convenor for the Johannesburg Child Advocacy Forum; Legal advocacy spokesperson for Women and Men Against Child Abuse and Development officer for the Shaken and Abused Baby Initiative.In his influential career he has held the position of Executive Director of Bigshoes Foundation, who provided medical management of abandoned babies as well as paediatric palliative care. He was the Clinic Manager of the Teddy Bear Clinic for Abused Children. Project Manager for Child Abuse and Neglect Protocol at RAU University. Crisis Counsellor and Place of Safety Project Manager for Childline, Johannesburg and Child and Youth Care Worker for Johannesburg Child Welfare Society.