The Teddy Bear Foundation SAFE Presentations
The Teddy Bear Foundation strive to protect children, combatting child abuse through prevention and intervention programs.
The SAFE program is part of the intervention process, empowering learners with knowledge and skills, to identify, prevent and report child abuse
The following presentations are available to be presented to grade 7 â€“ 12 learners, as requested. The presentations can be done at school, as well as in the form of virtual presentations, taking in consideration the current COVID pandemic. Each presentation are facilitated within a forty five minute timeframe, in small class groups. It is proposed that each grade be divided into two groups and presented separately.
Grade 7 Safe Presentation
The grade 7 presentation, focus on bridging from Primary to High school, taking in consideration the challenges and temptations that are faced within the adolescence development stage.
The presentation contents covers the following:
- Life is a Journey from grade 1, with little responsibility to grade 7 with lots of responsibilities.
- Rights and responsibilities, covering the right to education, safety, leisure, to be heard and the responsibility that goes along with these childrenâ€™s rights. Last mention includes school safety, cyber safety, child protection and safety at home.
- Forms of abuse, physical, emotional, sexual, bullying and cyber abuse. The learners are empowered to identify each form of abuse, prevention and protection against possible abuse situations
- Protect yourself rules
- Reporting abuse
Adolescence SAFE Presentation: Grade 8 â€“ 12
The adolescence presentation covers the following contents:
- Self esteem
- Healthy Relationships elements:
- Dating Violence
- Sexual Harassment
- Sexual Assault
- Sex Trafficking
- Cyber Bullying
- Basic Rules of conduct to stay safe on Facebook
- Threats and Secrets
- Drug and Alcohol
- Suicide Prevention
- Reporting Abuse
The school is welcome to contact me, for any additional clarifications, regarding the proposed presentations.
Education Specialist Consultant/Social Worker
THE TEDDY BEAR Foundation/www.ttbc.org.za
firstname.lastname@example.org (082 448 2299)